DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> PELICANPOST.BLOGSPOT.COM: A poem in celebration of Christmas.... and Christ, who so loved the world....

Saturday, December 24, 2005

A poem in celebration of Christmas.... and Christ, who so loved the world....

"Guiding Light"

Passing an old church in the late twilight,
I was drawn to stop by a striking sight.

So brilliant and visible from afar
was a tall tree topped by a blazing star.

Its strong shafts of rays seemed so magnetic
they drew me forward as if prophetic.

What was the message of this bold beacon?
Gazing in awe, I struggled to reckon.

Just seeing this bold enveloping glow
highlighting the path for my steps below,

reminded me vividly of a night
hundreds of years ago when that first light

shone down on a pathway to God's own Son,
revealing to all that He was the One

to lead true believers to salvation
through His perfect love and their redemption.

As I gazed at the apex of that tree,
the Star of Bethlehem I could then see

setting alight the road to renewal
and the Way, the Truth and Life Eternal.

Jacqueline-Louise
Copyright 1999

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home